The Worcester Youth Center is an educational, recreational and social facility for youth between the ages of 14 and 24 — a place where young people are empowered and allowed to grow in all aspects of their lives. Some of the activities offered at the Center operate year-round while others are seasonal, run on a schedule, or are by appointment only.
The information below is a general outline of our yearly schedule and some activities will have a schedule change from time to time. Please call the Center if you have questions about a particular program or activity 508-791-4702.
General Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 10:00am – 7:00pm (6:00pm closing in summer)
Closed Saturday, Sunday and holiday weekends.
10:00am – 2:00pm: High School Equivalency or HiSet
12:00pm – 6:00pm Work Readiness Training (as scheduled and by appointment)
2:00pm – 7:00 pm General Membership activities (6:00pm closing during summer)
• Recording Studio (by appointment, please call 508-791-4702)
• Dance Studio (Hip-Hop and Break dancing)
• Recreation Room (Basketball, Pool Tables, Ping Pong, Board Games, DJ music)
• Video Game Room (Xbox360 and Wii)
• Public Viewing of Art Gallery (Call for times, 508-791-4702)
10:00am – 1:30pm, HiSet, High School Equivalency/Basic Skills (Others by appointment, youth in crisis see case mangers)
2:00pm – 4:00pm, Monday-Thursday: Work Readiness and Tutoring (by appointment, please call 508-791-4702)
2:00 pm – 5:00pm, Recording Studio Mon, Wed, Fri (by Appointment Only, please call 508-791-4702)
Summer Only Activities
11:30am – 3:00pm Summer Jobs (as scheduled)
Year-round activities also take place during the summer.
Academic Year Only Activities
All of the following activities are “as scheduled” and operate generally between the hours of 2:00pm and 5:00pm. A brief description can be found in our program description area:
• Youth Reach Arts
o Visual Arts – Worcester Arts Museum
o Video/Film production -Press Pass TV
• One Circle (middle school-aged girls only)
• Brotherhood (high school-aged boys only)
• Sisterhood (high school-aged girls only)
• Leap to College
• Culinary Arts Training (call for schedule)
Year-Round activities also take place during the academic year.